We offer a range of treatments to keep your skin looking more youthful, improve the appearance of acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage and premature aging. From ZO skin peels to Hydra face wash treatments, Dermapen to PRP we have a variety of treatments to suit your requirements. Please see the individual treatment pages or contact us for more information.
Skin Peels & Treatments
The Glo Therapeutics chemical peels are a revolutionary breakthrough in chemical exfoliation treatments. It is based on established research in combination with new scientific discoveries. These chemical peels contain unique and advanced formulations providing potent concentrations with high levels of active ingredients to clinically transform the skin. This medium level of chemical exfoliation will travel through the epidermis to the uppermost part of the dermis, the papillary dermis. There will be down time at this level because the skin will peel in large areas and will be brown and crusty for a couple of days. Results can be expected approximately 2-4 weeks after therapy, but further improvements can be seen up to several months after the treatment. Depending on the desired effect, different sensations will be experienced. You should expect a tingling or itching sensation at first, followed by a burning sensation as the peel procedure progresses. Initially your skin may be somewhat red or puffy and your eyes may swell. Fairly significant peeling is an expected result. You may feel like you have a mild to moderate sunburn. It may take up to one week for your skin to look and feel “normal”. You should avoid sun exposure, artificial tanning devices, and direct heat sources in the 2 weeks after treatment. We will give you detailed care instructions at your visit.
A synergy of effective acids consisting of three main ingredients: lactic acid (assists in the exfoliation of the skin), salicylic acid (aids in penetration), and resorcinol (assists in the treatment of acne) designed to have a transformative effect. Indications for Jessner
- The peel helps to smooth out various fine lines and wrinkles
- It may reduce the appearance of acne scarring
- It can reduce the of appearance of large pores
- May improve the overall complexion of the face
- In some cases may lighten areas of skin discoloration
- Can help loosen and reduce acne
- Assists with treatment of melasma
- Restores skin to a more healthy, youthful glow
- Can act as a customized treatment for more extensive skin damage
The Glo AlphaBeta treatment is one of three mid-depth chemical peels. Utilizing a combination of Glycolic, Lactic and Salicylic Acids. Indications for AlphaBeta peel:
- effectively targets oily & congested skin,
- can help to lighten hyperpigmentation and reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- refines the skin’s surface texture,
- lessens the appearance of discoloration
- can help to clear acneic disturbances
The Glo TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid) Peel is a highly effective medium chemical peel. TCA peel reaches slightly deeper into the skin than alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) peels–and thus often produce stronger results. This treatment promotes:
- skin smoothness and vitality as well as
- improves superficial discoloration, skin tone, texture
- eliminates fine lines and wrinkles
- improves blotches and can sometimes improve dark circles under your eyes
- decreases the appearance of surface imperfections, while promoting healthy looking skin.
- rejuvenates sun damaged, aging and mature skin
- Helps to reduce hyperpigmentation
ZO Ossential Stimulator Peel by Dr Zein Obagi MD - The Red Carpet Peel
If you're seriously committed to healthy skin this is the treatment of choice. The ZO Skin Health Ossential Stimulator Peel includes a combination of three different acids (lactic, citric and salicylic) plus potent concentrations of other active ingredients to exfoliate the skin, stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin and reduce wrinkles.
What are the benefits of the Stimulator Peel? You can:
- Soften and rejuvenate sun-damaged skin.
- Increase skin tolerance.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyper-pigmentation.
- Soften fine to moderate lines and wrinkles.
- Stimulate the production of collage for firmer, more youthful skin.
- Stimulate the growth of healthy cells while you shed damaged skin cells.
Who should (and should not) have the Peel? It is generally recommended for adults who are experiencing premature skin aging, photodamage and hyperpigmentation. We do not recommend that the peel be performed on anyone who:
- Is pregnant or lactating
- Is currently using Accutane or prescription retiniod products (Retin-A, Renova)
- Is undergoing radiation or chemotherapy
- Has had facial waxing, electrolysis or has used depilatories in the last week
- Is sensitive or allergic to lactic acid, citric acid, salicylic acid or latex
Is there any discomfort in treatment? Unlike chemical peels for which Dr Obagi is well know, the peel is not uncomfortable and does not involve downtime. There may be a mild warming sensation for a few minutes while the peel is being applied.
Is just one peel enough? Most people see dramatic improvement in their skin after one peel. However, a series of 3-4 is generally recommended.
Is this the same as Dr Zein Obagi's Blue Peel? No, the Obagi Blue Peel was developed by Dr Zein Obagi and is offered by Obagi Medical Products. it is a chemical peel that uses a combination of Trichloracetic Acid (TCA) to penetrate the deeper layers of skin. It is generally performed by a physician and involves an aggressive pre-procedure conditioning programme followed by an 18 week home treatment programme.
The Award Winning Skin Care Management System was designed for prolonged use with little to no irritation or acclimation. Using the 5-step System is easy and intuitive. Immediately feel the difference from the first application. Skin will appear noticeably smoother and healthier. By following the 5-step regimen daily, results will be sustained and improved.